Sunday, May 1, 2011

A Royal Wedding - William and Catherine

Those smiles say it all...this newly married couple truly love each other. The reason I didn't choose the "kiss" photo was firstly because it was the world's media main Royal Wedding portrait and secondly, I thought the first kiss was performed purely for the cameras though I have to say that the second kiss, much longer in duration, was definitely a stolen private moment. No, mainly it was because, as a soppy romantic, I wanted to show an unstaged real moment of tenderness between them. I think the above image portrays just that.

I was a toddler at the time of Queen Elizabeth's coronation in 1953 so, too young to remember it. What I clearly remember with great fondness are the black and white photographs of the wedding of Princess Margaret to Anthony Armstrong-Jones in 1960 and one particular one of the Queen looking tenderly at Prince Charles lying, I think, in his moses basket. I would have been browsing through those in my mother's magazines at the time probably Woman's Own or Woman's Weekly, I remember the latter had loads of knitting patterns. That definitely was the beginning of my lifelong fascination with all things Royal!

Now, back to more recent times and I suppose to where it all began for William with the marriage of his parents, Princess Diana, then of course, Lady Diana and Prince Charles. I sometimes wish that Charles could have married Camilla instead of Diana but then the boy Princes would never have been born. Everything happens for a reason, I guess.

We all remember the joy we felt when William was born then when a little over two years later he was joined by his brother, Harry we could barely contain our delight! There is no questioning the love these two boys received from their parents but it's those images of the young Princes with their mother where clearly they are enjoying her company and she's showing such affection towards them that will always remain dear to us.

All I hope for William and Catherine, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge as they are now known for the time being is that they are above all blessed with health and happiness and later the joy of children, everything else will follow.

Top image: www.telegraph.co.uk
Bottom image: www.lahore.metblogs.com

FEEL FREE TO COMMENT

No comments:

Post a Comment